The Retired Senior Volunteer Program/Volunteer Intergenerational Center is a community-based project.
As such, there must be a real sense of local ownership and a spirit of partnership among the community, and its partner organizations.
The RSVP/VIC Advisory Council is a core group of individuals that provide broad representation geographically throughout Cape Girardeau
and Scott Counties and from local non-profit organizations, RSVP/VIC volunteers, and other interested community members. These individuals
demonstrate their dedication to volunteerism as well as being a strong resource for the Executive Director, Staff, and Sponsoring Agency -
Aging Matters, formerly Southeast Missouri Area Agency on Aging.
This Advisory Council meets six times per year to provide support, direction and active participation with RSVP/VIC and its programs.
- In addition, the RSVP/VIC Advisory Council helps in these areas:
- Co-sponsors an annual RSVP/VIC Volunteer Recognition with RSVP staff
- Annually assesses RSVP/VIC program performance
- Helps to promote RSVP/VIC in the community
- Helps to secure local funding and identify new funding sources
- Provides ongoing advice to RSVP/VIC Staff as needed
RSVP/VIC Advisory Council Members
Cathi Schlosser, Chairperson
Rebecca Sams, Vice-Chairperson
Rhonda Bramlett, Sponsor Representative - Aging Matters
Lana Johnson, Executive Director - Aging Matters